In my efforts to keep eating and simple as possible I love recipes like this that can double as a quick on the go snack or part of my meal at home. And I often do “breakfast” meals at lunch and dinner too.
These quinoa muffins pair easily with a side of toast, potatoes, or fruit, for a complete meal and are a great balance of protein, fats, carbs, and nutrients to keep your cravings in check and energy high.
- 5 whole eggs
- 1 cup of liquid egg whites (or 4 egg whites)
- 1 tbsp of greek yogurt
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1.5 cup of cooked broccoli
- 1/3 cup of diced onion (white or green)
- 1/2 cup of diced mushrooms sautéed
- 1/2 cup of cheese of your choice ( I use cheddar or parmesan)
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
** I always prepare the veggies and quinoa first. Cook quinoa according to directions on package. Lightly sauté the broccoli, onions and mushrooms and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Beat together the eggs, egg whites and greek yogurt. Add salt and pepper.
- Add quinoa and veggies and mix together.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 12 muffin tins (coated with oil a non stick cooking spray) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is cooked fully.
- Cool before serving. Set aside the rest for quick snacks and meals during the week.