This little beauty of a dinner was so simple and yummy I just had to share. You know my dinner pics will always look as they are, without any staging, because thats how they come about. Food presentation is fun to look at but lets just be real about how most of us feel on a everyday basis. Make food, get it on the table, try to have time to enjoy it.
So today I share with you my recipe for meat muffins and also quickly attached a few directions about the sweet and savory carrots and spinach, feta salad.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano (or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper for added spice)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 2 tbsp of pre minced garlic
- 1 package of lean turkey meat or lean beef
- 1 cup Quick cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large egg whites or 1 whole egg
- Cooking spray or muffin liners
- Optional: Choice of veggies ( I used chopped bell peppers, mushrooms and chives for this one)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, garlic, spices and veggies and saute for a couple minutes
- Combine onion mixture and the remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
- Spoon the meat mixture into muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or cooked all the way through.
- Top with ketchup if desired. I always look for one free of high fructose corn syrup.
While these are baking you can put together your two sides.
You can access the salad recipe here.
For the carrots. Bring water to a boil in a small pot. Add a pack of baby carrots after you take them out of the wrapper. Boil until soft. Drain and return to pan that is still warm, heat off. Add 1-2 TBSP of butter and 2 TBSP of brown sugar. Adjust to your liking as I personally do something different every time. Mix together and the heated pan will melt the butter and mix the sugar together.
And that’s it! They are ready to enjoy. 🙂