I am pretty sure I have this for breakfast a solid 200 days a year and that is my protein packed oatmeal which is essentially egg whites cooked in oatmeal. I call it Egg White Oatmeal.
I know it sounds a little odd but this is the quickest breakfast ever and keeps me full for hours. It actually makes the oatmeal a little thicker and fluffier and you can’t even tell the difference. Plus there are so many options for toppings you can get creative and pair it with your favorite things!
I must add that protein at most of my meals and snacks in one thing that helps manage my appetite and keeps me feeling satisfied. I rarely, if ever, eat oatmeal by itself.
Egg White Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of egg whites (I use pasteurized egg whites from a carton)
- 3/4 cup of water**
- Topping options are endless: berries, peanut butter, banana slices, coconut flakes
- Combine oatmeal, egg whites and water and cook in microwave for 2 minutes ( watch for overflow).
- Mix, let cool, add toppings and you are done.
** It you want it thicker use more water if not use less. If it comes out like an oatmeal bake and that is not your jam, add more water.
Topping Pairings Bonus
- 1 tbsp of cocoa, a sprinkle of your favorite sweetener, and raspberries or strawberries..
- 1 tbsp peanut butter and a half of a sliced banana.
- Mango slices and 1 tbsp of coconut flakes.
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder, 1 tbsp of dark chocolate chips, 1 tbsp of walnuts, and sliced strawberries.
- 1 heaping tbsp of pumpkin puree, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of honey.
- 1/2 a diced apple, sprinkle of cinnamon and 1 tbsp of almond butter.