Brussel sprouts are my favorite veggie this year and I am so glad I finally gave them a chance after years of never liking them. The only way I tried them previously was steamed and plain.
Roasting them is my favorite way to prepare them and with this mix of balsamic and dijon, I thought it would be a perfect pair of flavors as we head into the holiday season.
Brussels are high in vitamin C and K and are a good source of fiber, potassium and B vitamins as well.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bag of shredded Brussel spouts (or 2 pounds of fresh Brussel sprouts halved)
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place Brussel sprouts in a large bowl. Add balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, and olive oil and mix together so it coats well. Season with pepper and salt.
- On the baking sheet distribute evenly. Roast until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!