Over the years I have adjusted my tastebuds to craving less salt and less sweetness in my foods. For example my Starbucks visits transformed from grande, white chocolate mocha frapps, to the same thing with only two pumps of sugar, then one pump of sugar, and now I drink coffee with milk and a little bit of sweetener if I feel like it. The best part is, those sugary drinks do not taste good to me anymore.
And while these brownies will not replace a decadent fudge brownie, they do a good job at satisfying my chocolate needs, provide to be a convenient snack and give me some extra protein in my diet. Enjoy!!
- 1 can of Libby’s Pumpkin Puree
- 3 TBSP of peanut butter
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup or almond milk
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips or more 🙂
- Combine all ingredients together except for chocolate and blend.
- Transfer to a sprayed baking pan.
- Bake at 340 for 35-40 minutes until batter is mostly cooked and slightly gooey.
- “Massage” chocolate chips (and extra peanut butter if desired) over the surface, letting it melt.
- Let them cool, cut into brownies and enjoy!