I am all about finding new and different ways to get veggies in my diet, because they CAN be tasty. And I love using the oven because I do not have to attend to it constantly. I can pop a baking sheet full of veggies in and let them cook for their designated time while I do other things. Plus, I like the slight crisp they get from roasting.
I find that those who are not big fans of veggies are chomping on celery sticks, eating green beans out of can, or are eating plain salads of iceberg lettuce and cabbage with an oil dressing. Your right, those kinds of servings do not sound all that great to me either!
Check out my cauliflower cakes recipe and I have a PDF for you to check out more veggie recipes you can cook using just the oven!
- 1/2 small cauliflower head (trim off the core)
- One egg
- One egg white
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to season
- Optional additional seasonings: garlic powder, cayenne, oregano
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place cauliflower pieces in a food processor or blender and blend for a few seconds until it is finely chopped.
- Add egg, egg white, cheese and seasonings. Blend for a few more seconds.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coated with a cooking spray.
- Take 1/4 cup and scoop mixture onto sheet and spread into small pancake shapes.
- Bake for 30 minutes until firm.
- Remove from oven, carefully flip each cake and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve as a side, top with avocado and eat as a snack, or use it to make an egg sandwich.