It is safe to say all my recipes are all my own as I NEVER follow a recipe…eek! There is always an ingredient I do not have, a step that feels like too much work, or a way I want to adjust it to make it more suitable for me. So here is my latest modification on two recipes that I made my own.
Bacon, Chive, and Pumpkin Coconut Flour Biscuits
4 strips of bacon chopped ( I use the precooked from Trader Joes. It is waaay easier and has less fat).
1/ cup of coconut flour
A sprinkle of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 cup of melted Ghee (clarified butter)
1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
3 eggs, 1 egg white
1/4 cup of chopped chives
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Cook bacon if you do not have the precooked kind.
2. Combine coconut four, salt and baking soda in a bowl. In another bowl whisk together the ghee and pumpkin until smooth and combine this mixture with the dry mixture.
3. Add the eggs and beat until smooth.
4. Gently mix in the chopped bacon and chives.
5. Place 8 small mounds of dough (or bigger if you would like), on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes. DO NOT overbake or they will be extra dry because of the coconut flour.
Extra Beefy Chili
1 lb of lean beef, 1 lb of regular beef
1 small onion diced
1 – 4 ounce can of chilies
1- 16 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1 -15 small cans of tomato sauce
1- 15 ounce can of kidney beans drained
1 small, green bell pepper chopped
2 tbsp of chili powder
A sprinkle of cayenne pepper
A sprinkle of Lawyers Seasoned Salt
1. Cook onions and beef until the beef is no longer pink.
2. Place all the ingredients in a crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
Top with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and Enjoy!
Feels like fall with these recipes and a little SoCal chill in the air.